联 系 人：周义峰
Recruitment of Excellent Scientists at home and abroad at the Institute of Botany, Jiangsu Province and Chinese Academy of Sciences
Located in Nanjing Zhongshan Mountain National Park, East China’s Jiangsu Province, the Institute of Botany, Jiangsu Province and Chinese Academy of Sciences and Nanjing Botanical Garden Memorial Sun Yat-sen is a comprehensive botanical research institution established jointly by Jiangsu Provincial Government and the Chinese Academy of Sciences. As one of the topmost research center in the central and northern subtropical floras of China, the Institute has a particular focus on conservation, sustainable utilization of plant resources, innovation and service of botanical science and technology, as well as education and plant culture communication, which conducts research projects on conservation and breeding of rare and endangered plants, and on the innovative efficient utilization and extension of important economic plants varieties.
The Botanical Society of Jiangsu Province, the Association of Blueberry industry of Jiangsu Province and the professional Committee of Plant Environment and Diversity, Chinese Society for Environmental Sciences are affiliated to the Institute. Furthermore, we are the vice chairman member of the Chinese Botanical Garden Union (CUBG), a member of the International Association of Botanic Gardens (IABG), Botanic Gardens Conservation International (BGCI), the Working Committee for Botanical Gardens of Chinese Academy of Sciences, China Biodiversity Conservation and Green Development Foundation. In recent years, the Institute is maintaining an exchange program for seeds, specimens and books with over 600 institutions from more than 60 countries.
In consonance with the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020), the Institute adheres to the concept of devoting herself to building a botanical institution of international influence and reputation in our country by making new and innovative contribution to the development of a New Jiangsu with a strong and vibrant economy, beautiful environment and high degree of social civilization. The institute intends to achieve these goals by strengthening its research capabilities, innovative and integrative developments. The institute is at present focusing on new opportunities for growth and is putting together leading talents that will enhance the achievement of its goals and objectives (big research teams and big projects). We are now seeking for high-end talents both at home and abroad to develop and conduct innovative basic and/or translational research in the following areas:
1.Positions and requirements:
(2) Plant resource science
(4) Plant molecular biology
(5) Plant ecology
(6) Plant genetics
Applicants must not be more than 45 years old, healthy, having obtained a PhD degree in a prestigious university in China or abroad, have held formal teaching or research positions in prestigious universities, research institutes or R&D institutes, having professional and technical position, profound academic achievements, strong sense of responsibility, good personal quality, professional dedication, team spirit and have the ability to lead a multidisciplinary team to carry out major scientific and technological innovative work as well as meeting any of the following conditions:
(1) Selected as an expert of “Recruitment program of young overseas high-level talents” (“1000 young talents program”) or any equivalent level;
(2) Gainer of National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholars (National “outstanding youth”) or those at any equivalent level;
(3) Those selected as experts in“Chang Jiang scholars program” young scholars program (Chang Jiang young scholars) of the Ministry of Education or those at any equivalent level;
(4) Those selected as "Leading Young and Middle-aged Talents in Scientific and Technological Innovation" of the Ministry of Science and Technology or trainees at Level Two in "333 High-level Talent Training Project" of the Jiangsu Province or the talents at any equivalent level.
Overseas candidates are required to have formal teaching or scientific research positions in well-known overseas universities, scientific research institutions or R&D institutions at a level equivalent to domestic senior professional titles.
C)Treatment and conditions
(1) Funding for scientific research: 4 million Yuan would be provided as a scientific research funding during the employment period (excluding the part provided by the state).
(2) Science and research conditions: A laboratory office space (not less 120 m2, support for the formation of a research team).
(3) Housing: A one-time settlement fee of 500,000 Yuan, or 10,000 Yuan / month housing subsidies would be provided.
(4) Compensation: personnel relations will be formally established and an annual salary system will be adopted. The annual salary of not less than 300,000 Yuan, which will be paid monthly.
(5) Others: assistance will be given for the settlement of spouse's employment or appropriate living allowance will be granted if arrangement fails.
"One person one policy" is adopted for the working conditions and for the treatment of high-end talents. Negotiations would be welcomed based on the specific circumstance of each applicant.
A)Registration and recommendation
ID card (passport); diploma and academic degree certificates (Foreign Education and Degree Recognition Certificate issued by the Service Center for Scholarly Exchange of the Ministry of Education shall be submitted for the academic degree and certificates acquired in foreign country); certificates of professional and technical title or letter of appointment; materials of part-time job in academic institutions at home and abroad), visiting study experience materials, honorary title certificates; credentials for projects hosted or undertaken in the last 5 years; representative papers/articles as the first author, achievement awards certificates, patent as the first author; photocopies of selected talent program certificates and other relevant materials proving the talents’ academic level.
For domestic candidates, please submit one hard copy of the above-mentioned reference letters as well as the electronic version. The attached materials should be converted into PDF file in the order mentioned above. Foreign (overseas) candidates may submit electronic versions of the above materials by e-mail.
B)Interview and examination
The shortlisted candidates would be required to take part in an interview process via multimedia platform (PPT), the candidates shall introduce their basic personal information, scientific research achievements, and other relevant information which could be beneficial for their application.
After the Institute has confirmed the employment, the two sides shall sign a formal contract, and go through the relevant employment procedures. The contract period for the first employment is generally not less than 5 years.
3.Period of validity of recruitment
This recruitment information is valid from the date of release until are the required positions are filled.
Contact unit: Department of Personnel and Education, Institute of Botany, Jiangsu Province and Chinese Academy of Sciences
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1435, Nanjing, 210014, Jiangsu Province, China
Contact person: Mr. Zhou Yifeng
Contact phone: +86-25-84347023